Summer RV trips within the state of Florida can certainly have their advantages. During the summer months, RV parks and other businesses aren’t as crowded as they are during peak months like February and March. In addition, many RV parks, golf courses, and restaurants offer summer discounts that can keep your pocket book thicker than you might think.
Saving On Florida Summer RV Trips
- When you need a break from cooking in your RV, check the local paper for summer dining specials that can save you a considerable amount.
- If you enjoy playing a round or two of golf while on your summer RV trips, keep in mind that summer is a great time to find reduced green fees as many of Florida’s courses. You can check a list of golf courses that offer reduced fees throughout South and Central Florida. One important tip: schedule an early tee time so you that you avoid being outdoors during the midday heat.
- Are you an RVer who enjoys fishing? Check for Florida free fishing days when visitors and residents can fish without having to purchase a fishing license.
- Stay overnight at Florida farm stands or wineries. These types of local businesses may not mind you staying overnight in a parking area during the slower summer months. If you stop to purchase something, ask if you can overnight. It’s best to ask later in the day and tell them that you plan to leave by 8 or 9 am, so that you don’t over stay your welcome.
- Join an RV club that offers perks like half price camping during off-season months like the Good Sam Club or Passport America.
- If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident that is 62 years of age or older, check into a National Park Service Senior Pass. The pass costs $10 and may provide a 50 percent discount on some amenity fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launch, and specialized interpretive services.
- Does free RV camping sound good to you? If you don’t mind doing a little work while you are on your trip, then consider a work camping job at one of Florida’s state parks or RV parks in the Keys that offer free RV camping in exchange for man or woman hours.
Aside from these money-saving summer RV trip tips, you can save a bundle by buying a pre-owned RV instead of buying a brand new RV and losing thousands to depreciation. Call Easy Escapes RV at 863-450-4915 to find out how you can get into the RV you’ve always dreamed of owning. We make buying and selling simple.