We’re happy to provide a free place for you to list your used RV, camper, motorhome or travel trailer for sale. You can list your RV for sale in our Listings section for as long as you want. For FREE!
10 Simple Tips for Selling Your RV
Has a major life change put you in a situation that requires you to sell your motorhome or RV? Or, perhaps you’ve just decided that it’s time for an upgrade to a different make or model? Whatever the reason, selling your RV doesn’t have to be stressful or complicated.
Follow these steps to selling your RV or motorhome, and the process will go much smoother.
- Don’t over-think your timing. In other words, the best time to sell your RV is the day after your done using it. The only appreciation occurs when you are actually using your unit. If your RV or motorhome is sitting in storage or in your driveway, it’s losing value.
- Find out what your RV is worth in terms of fair market value.You will need to consider the overall condition of the unit, the mileage, and any upgrades or accessories. One of the best ways to determine fair market value is to speak with one of the professionals at Easy Escapes RV by calling (863) 450-4915
- Get your RV ready to sell by performing a system check, get your RV detailed, and then stage your RV.Remove excess clutter and consider upgrading storage space if possible. Get more specific staging tips by reading “How To Stage Your RV For Sale.”
- Make arrangements to have any repairs and mechanical work done on your engine or other operational parts of your RV. It’s extremely important to have everything running smoothly prior to marketing your RV.
- Learn about the best ways to market your RV or find a professional to do it for you. Getting the word out to potential buyers is one of the most important steps. Successful marketing involves offline promotion as well as online advertising and promotion. If you are short on time or marketing expertise, the simplest thing to do is consign your RV with a professional.
- Show your RV or have a professional do it for you. If you don’t have the time to handle multiple phone calls or online inquiries about the RV you have for sale, let an RV consignment expert take care of the inquiries for you.
- Qualify your potential buyers. Learning how to qualify buyers is a key step to selling your RV quickly. There will always be people who are just “browsing around” to get a vague idea about the pre-owned RVs that are on the market. On the flip side, there will be people who are genuinely ready to make a purchase. These individuals are usually willing to share information on how they plan to use an RV and have an idea about how frequently they would use it. They ask serious questions and ready to talk about pricing.
- Decide if you are willing to work with trade-ins. Many people will want to trade-in an older model for a newer model. If you’re selling your RV as an individual owner, you may not be willing to consider this option, but using a professional RV consignment company or dealer may provide that option to potential buyers.
- Arrange financing for buyers and work with lenders or financial institutions.Up to 70% of RV buyers finance their recreational vehicles. With a minimum down payment and approved credit, a professional RV consignment company or dealer can arrange financing for potential buyers. Available financing will help your RV sell faster.
- Handling the paperwork. This primarily refers to the title and registration. However, it may also include service records or any warranty records as well. Part of the paperwork process also means knowing what needs to be done to transfer the title and registration to the new owner.