Winter RV shows can provide a good opportunity for you to get acquainted with various RV makes, models, and features all in one location. However, you’ll also need to keep in mind that RV shows are often bustling with people, so plan to attend on a weekday and arrive when the show opens. This way, you can talk to the dealers without being rushed and have a chance to take a thorough look at any models you might be interested in.
The Florida RV SuperShow, for example, takes place in January every year and runs from a Tuesday through a Sunday, so plan to attend prior to the weekend if you can. In addition to attending winter RV shows on weekdays and arriving early, there are a few other tips you may want to keep in mind.
Tips For Attending Winter RV Shows
- Always do your homework BEFORE you go. The more informed you are about pricing and features, the better your chances at getting a good deal. Realize that depreciation will be a factor with any new RV purchase, so think about setting a realistic budget that includes plenty of room for maintenance and storage (if needed). If a new RV seems a bit out of your price range, or if you are brand new to RVing, maybe a pre-owned RV would be more sensible. You won’t be losing as much to depreciation and you can “test” the RV waters before taking the leap with a brand new model.
- Never feel pressured make a quick decision. Shows can be very helpful in terms of becoming familiar with the newest options that are available, but you should never feel pressured into buying on the spot. You should always make sure that the unit you are considering will fit your lifestyle, fit your budget, that it makes sense for the length of trips you intend to take, and that you’ve considered where you will store it.
- If you are a current RV owner who wants to upgrade to a new model, know that consignment is a good option if you want to sell your current RV quickly without the hassle of listings, phone inquiries, and showings. Consignment companies or pre-owned dealers, such as Easy Escapes RV, have the professional expertise and marketing know-how needed to sell your current RV in short amount of time so that you can be in a newer model before you know it.
- Don’t be afraid to ask the dealers plenty of questions. In fact, it’s a good idea to write down any questions that come to mind before you go to a winter RV show. You can also check online to view a show directory or exhibitor floor plan before you go. Doing this will help you stay focused on your goals while ensuring that you see the models you want to see without becoming distracted.
- Check for attendance discounts. Many RV shows offer online coupons or discounts. Always check the show website and either print off or save a copy of the coupon your mobile phone.
Winter RV shows can be valuable opportunities to learn more about the RV lifestyle. Just make sure that the time you spend there, and the decision you make are truly decisions that you’ll feel good about in the long-term. If you are interested in consigning your current RV before purchasing a new RV, contact Easy Escapes RV in Auburndale, FL at (863) 450-4915.