Going on an RV camping trip over the 4th of July weekend? Avoid crowded campgrounds, prevent accidents, and save time by reading these helpful RV camping tips before you take to the road. Spend your 4th of July relaxing outdoors with family and friends instead of stressing!
Holiday RV Camping Tips
- Plan to stay at a hidden RV campground gem or more secluded spot. When you plan your trip, keep in mind that popular campgrounds will always be more crowded. If you want to avoid the masses, and have a more relaxing weekend, consider heading to a campground in a more secluded area or look for a list of hidden RV campground gems.
- Even if it’s just a day or two before you leave, make a reservation. Better to know that you’ll need to make alternate plans a day or two before than once you actually get there.
- Read through a list of summer RV camping essentials to make sure that you bring along your first-aid kit, sunscreen, bug spray, and other important necessities.
- Consume responsibly or not at all. Know your limits when drinking alcoholic beverages and don’t overindulge. Every year, thousands of Americans are injured in 4th of July accidents that involve alcohol.
- Supervise children around fireworks. Many RV campgrounds prohibit fireworks entirely, so be sure to check the RV camping rules to see if fireworks of any kind are permitted. Never allow unsupervised children to play with fireworks and, if you are permitted to light them, always keep plenty of water nearby.
- Keep an eye out for ticks. Ask a friend or family member to check areas of your clothes or skin that you can’t see. If you find any, use tweezers to remove them immediately. Also, be sure to take a bath or shower after being outdoors, especially in wooded or grassy areas.
- Drink plenty of fluids when spending time outside in the heat and sun. Always make sure you have enough water, and keep cool by staying in the shade whenever possible. Don’t forget to keep a close eye on pets, infants, and the elderly — they are especially susceptible.
By taking these RV camping tips into consideration, you’ll have a more enjoyable and relaxing 4th of July weekend. Don’t forget to share you RV camping memories with us on the Easy Escapes RV Facebook page or by sending us a tweet to @EasyEscapesRV on Twitter. Have a safe and happy Independence Day!