Great Florida Trip Ideas on the Cheap
brought to you by Easy Escapes RV Sales and Consignment Auburndale, FL
Planning a trip to Orlando? If so, don’t get stuck in a theme park rut, because there are plenty of other interesting Orlando attractions that will fit all budgets. From museums to nature experiences and beyond, you can keep the whole family entertained in Orlando for less than $25.
Orlando Attractions Under $25
- Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Gardens. For a relaxing afternoon in beautiful Winter Park, art lovers will enjoy the Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Gardens. The museum features one of America’s most prominent sculptors of the 20th century and admission is $5 for adults, $4 for seniors, $3 for students and is free for children 12 and under.
- The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art. This museum houses the world’s most comprehensive collection of works by Louis Comfort Tiffany, including his famed leaded-glass lamps. Admission prices to the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art are $6 for adults, $5 for seniors, $1 for students and free for children under age 12.
- The Mennello Museum of American Art. Browse through a diverse collection of sculptures and paintings, including contemporary American folk art and works by Earl Cunningham, at the Mennello Museum of American Art. Admission is also only $5 for adults, $4 for seniors and $1 for students and children age 6-18. The museum is free for children under 6 and for active military with ID.
- Enzian. The Enzian is Central Florida’s only full-time alternative cinema, presenting independent and classic films as well as hosting annual film festivals and a variety of community events. This is one of the few non-profit Orlando attractions that connects the community through film. General admission is $11, but only $9 for students, seniors and military with ID.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens. Take a stroll down three miles of paved scenic walkways, enjoy the sights of a butterfly garden, or learn something new about plant life at the museum. Admission to Harry P. Leu Gardens is $10 for adults, $3 for students ages 5 to 18 and free on the first Monday of every month.
- Orlando Museum of Art. Browse though a diverse collection of local, national and international artwork. One of the top cultural Orlando attractions, the Orlando Museum of Art features two discovery centers for children, devoted to interactive activities and educational programs. Admission is $10 for adults, $7 for seniors and $5 for children and students.
- West Orange Trail Bikes and Blades Company. Hourly, daily and weekly road bike rentals are available for visitors who want to explore Central Florida’s scenic trails, including the 22-mile West Orange Trail. Rental from West Orange Trail Bikes and Blades Company start at $7 per hour, with bike delivery and group bike tours available for an additional cost.
- Winter Park Scenic Boat Tour. Take a relaxing narrated cruise through the lakes and canals of historic Winter Park, showcasing natural wildlife and mansions that line the waterways. Admission for the Winter Park Scenic Boat Tour is $12 for adults and $6 for children ages 2-11.
- SAK Comedy Lab. They say laughter is the best medicine, so take the family for a healthy dose at the SAK Comedy Lab. Players take suggestions from the audience and create show-stopping improvisation scenes. General admission tickets range from $5-$12.
- Orlando Repertory Theater. The Orlando Repertory Theater presents performances based on classical and contemporary children’s literature. Admission is $20 for adults, $18 for seniors/students and $14 for children 17 and under.
- Crayola Experience. Kids of all ages can enjoy a range of creative activities at the Crayola Experience. You can star in your own coloring page or name and wrap your very own Crayola crayon. Located at The Florida Mall, the Crayola Experience features 26 different activities and attractions. Admission price is $22.99.
- Wekiwa Springs State Park Nature Adventures. Take a canoe or kayak trip down the Wekiva River while experiencing the beautiful, untouched wonders of Florida at Wekiwa Springs State Park Nature Adventures. Prices are $19 for a 2-hour canoe or single kayak rental.
- Orlando Eye. Towering above the entire I-Drive 360 complex, Orlando Eye takes guests to new heights. Admission, when purchased online prior to arrival, is$20 for adults and $15 for children, with discounted tickets for Florida residents.
- Gatorland. As one of Central Florida’s oldest theme parks and wildlife preserves, Gatorland‘s exhibits are focused around alligators and crocodiles. Through VisitOrlando.com, discount tickets are available for $22.99 for adults and $15.99 for children ages 3-12.
- Boggy Creek Airboat Ride. Get a glimpse into the unaltered Central Florida wilderness while whisking across the water at 45 mph. Boggy Creek Airboat Ride tickets with Visit Orlando’s discount are $22.50 for adults and $17.50 for children ages 3-10.
Now that you have a list of 15 budget-friendly Orlando attractions, hop in your motorhome or RV and start experiencing Central Florida. Interested in buying or selling a pre-owned RV? Contact us at (863) 450-4915.