Ever notice that some people just seem to have a blast no matter what they’re doing? You know the type, the people who enjoy living the RV life to the fullest, those who just soak up life’s simple pleasures anywhere they happen to go. Sure, different people like to have fun in different ways, but it might worthwhile to think about the lessons you can learn from these types of people.
- Keep it simple. Whether you plan to take a road trip in your motorhome or take a family vacation to Disney World, try not to pack too much into one day. You (and everyone else around you) will end up feeling stressed if you do. Always leave room for downtime. Besides, you may hear about a unique event or hidden gem that you didn’t know about before you started all of your planning.
- Learn to be a kid again. Remember what it was like to be playful and spontaneous? Let loose. Play tennis even if you always smack the ball over the fence. Sing along to a song on the radio. Who cares if you can’t carry a tune? Don’t feel guilty about having fun or enjoying yourself.
- Take fun breaks. Turn on your favorite song and dance while you clean. Take five minutes to call a friend and share a goofy joke.
- Soak up life’s little pleasures. Most of life’s little pleasures are easy and cheap, they just take a little extra thought. Check area convention and visitor’s bureau websites for fun, low-cost activity ideas.
- Expand your definition of fun. You can have more fun doing some of the routine things in your schedule every week. Have breakfast for dinner or watch an episode of “I Love Lucy” instead of watching the news one night each week.
- Decide what’s truly important to you. Imagine yourself 10 or 20 years from now. Is there a list of things on your bucket list that are really important to you? Do you want to drive your RV across the country on Route 66? There’s no better time than the present to plan for
- Be optimistic. View the glass as half full, make a list of the things you love to do, and then go do them.
Take a break from your routine and remember these seven ways to have more fun living the RV life. The team at Easy Escapes RV has been having fun in the RV industry for over 40 years, so call us at 239-302-3789 to learn more about RVs we have on consignment, or if you are thinking about consigning our current RV so that you can upgrade soon.