Doesn’t matter if you are camping in an RV or tent, knowing a few great camping hacks or shortcuts that can make life easier while in the great outdoors is always a good thing. Check out these ten clever ideas that can save you time and money!
- Recycle empty Tic-Tac boxes so that you can use them to store spices for your camping trips. You’ll be able to save space and keep your cooking spices organized.
- Make single-use soap leaves using a vegetable peeler and bar of soap. You can put the single-use leaves inside a snack-sized baggie in case you need one while on the road or at the campground. No more messy soap goop!
- Add bundles of sage to your campfire to help keep mosquitoes away. You can avoid using all the sprays and citronella candles by adding bundles of sage to your fire instead.
- Use bread tags as mini-clothes pins for hanging your camping clothes to dry. You always knew at some point you’d find a use for these things!
- Drop your cell phone in the lake? Don’t fret just yet. One of the most helpful camping hacks is to place your phone in a bag of Leave it in the rice for 24 to 48 hours and it might be salvageable.
- Make your own camera tripod in a pinch using a couple of trekking poles and a stick. Just use zip ties to connect the poles at the tops, and then prop the stick up behind them.
- Keep your camping toilet paper rolls dry by storing them in a recycled plastic coffee canister. There’s nothing worse than having to use a piece of damp TP!
- Stick a bar of soap inside the foot of a pair of pantyhose, and then tie it around a waterspout or near your shower area. You won’t have to deal with the soupy mess that soap can make when it’s left sitting in a soap dish or tray. Plus, it will always be right where you need it.
- Make a mini camping first-aid kit using either a recycled Altoids container or large empty prescription bottle. Add gauze pads, band-aids, antibiotic ointment, alcohol prep wipes, Ibuprofen, hand cleansing wipes, and butterfly closures.
- Use a hanging shoe organizer to keep track of all of your cooking supplies. Check places like Target or Bed, Bath & Beyond to find hanging shoe organizers in a variety of sizes.
Now that you have a list of camping hacks you can use on your next RV or tent trip, don’t forget to read through a list of camping essentials so you know you have everything you need before you go.